This is a vertical crop because I wanted that headlight silhouetting the face beneath the umbrella. I did this one in LR3 because I could lighten the umbrella with the masking tool without the thing crashing or going crazy. So that part seems to be fixed (at least, on my machine). However, it does crash every time I close it down. This might have to do with an incompatibility with Mogrify plugin which I have to remove from LR3 each time I use the preset… So I’ll have to play with that. Also, I’m working with the same “sidecars” that are being used with LR2, so that could be another reason for the crash at the end. Whatever… someone will “get er done.”
Importing is definitely easier once you get used to what to me seems like a completely new interface; and the same goes for watermarks. You can make as many as you want, easily and practically on the fly. I’ll remove Mogrify next from LR2 exports and see if that makes it more stable.